Friday 5 October 2007

Super serenity.

Now of course with yesterday morning rush hour on and me on my way out the door who should phone, in full flow, but my beloved step daughter.

Two of her children had locked themselves in their bedroom by accident and could not escape.

Step dad had too drop everything and go and sort out this situation.

Now of a Saturday morning I would.

Crew up the green goddess and away we would go.

But of course I was on my way to Manningtree.

So in desperation I suggested that if someone was trapped this was actually a job for the real fire fighters.

What happened next I can only surmise, but I suppose serenity made the call and a few minutes later a large red machine popped up in whoosh of airbrakes all blue lights and leather boots.

Out tramped a load of big butch burly fire fighters (and that was just the women....) in a matter of seconds the kids would have been free and traumatic ordeal transformed into exciting adventure.

We will never now what really went on but it made enough impression on the lady involved to get her to send me a text thanking me for the suggestion.....

So it must have been a good one.

R

No comments: