Sunday 16 June 2013

Fathers day

Those who know me well know that I am quite the romantic at heart and i never cease trying to find new and interesting gifts for my beloved.

You might also know that, since the big log burner went in we have stopped using our tumble drier I seem to recall there were some issues with it just before we stopped.

But anyway, Fathers day and rain pouring from the sky, herself somewhat concerned that drying is not possible outside and not practical inside as it would render the living room somewhat like a tropical rain forest in terms of heat and moisture.

So it was tumble drier to go then, what a romantic thought for fathers day - I would buy her a tumble drier.

I cannot say she looked impressed, in fact I sensed a bit of danger in the look she gave me.

But anyway before getting the money out it might be worth having a look at the old one. With a little attention we have got it running and it seems to work.

Well when  I say "work" I am perhaps being a bit too optimistic.  It does seem to be drying clothes but in doing so makes a continuous squeaking noise that is hard to identify, every so often it stops  squeaking, begining instead to rumble, sounding like the clothes have been removed and replaced with bricks.

But, with weather promising to be fine for the rest of the week, that's 200 pounds saved on a tumble drier 200 pounds than can be added to the budget for her new C5.

R


 

No comments: