Sunday 18 March 2012

A long shot..

I don't think it was ever going to work.

"Well, I did get you that rather good food processor" Was never really going to cut it as mothers day greeting. The fact her children all seemed to have forgotten her resulted in a fair amount of door slamming and harrumphing.

Then to make matters worse Serenity her oldest daughter did remember and decided to celebrate mothers day by turning up with all her kids and a clear expectation that something be put on the table to feed them all.

In times like theses there is only one thing to do: outside I went and split some wood. It wasn't actually freezing and it didn't rain, well not a lot any way I was there a long time, a lot of wood has been split.

And I mean a LOT about half a ton if not a little bit more

So I suppose that could be a bit of a result

The student seems calmer, she is relaxing with a rather decent single malt she got bought for her birthday.

To crown it all the student interviews start next week so we are both going to be rushed off our feet.

To cap it all I think the chimney might be a bit sooted up, a lovely job for whichever day I am less rushed off my feet this week.


R

  

No comments: