Thursday 1 March 2012

Life of adventure

It has been a roller coaster couple of weeks.

From conferences to working on research.  A load of secondary data analysis trawling through papers. Lots of analysis to do and write up.

Confidential stuff so I can say no more.

On top of this, much dashing round  sorting cars and things.
 
Then home the weekend   and out with our old and long missed friend - the chainsaw.

A break from the bleak winter drabness to the outbreak of sunshine.

There is something magical about walking outside after the long cold rain bleeding winter to the sun light life bright spring that is yet to arrive.

Ahh poetry over.   
 

A goodly amount of sawing then, bliss, I was well in the mood for some axing. Two axes a little and a big one. Reduced a load of wood to chips.

Reduced my knees too.

Back to pain and pain killers.

Half the night in pain, no sleep so I went downstairs to stay out of the students way.
 
No sleep and uuurrrghh

How on earth I managed to stay awake to write a research report I don't know.

Fell asleep yesterday in mid written sentence.

Spent most of the day in and out of sleep.

Not in  a nice way.

I woke up all fuzzed and woozie 

I hate these pain killers as they stop you thinking.

Is the medical profession here to help or blurr your mind to reality.  

Getting back on top of life now and the paper is forming.

R  

   



1 comment:

gz said...

we all overdo it when the weather perks up. Hope the paper goes well