Friday 9 March 2012

Here comes the weekend

You wonder sometimes where the weeks go. Another weekend is on us with, thankfully Mr Tick the little AX back on the fleet.

Quite a bewildering set of signs of malaise from the car but it turned out that the  faults were actually down to an aged alternator which would not just die but would periodically go on strike.

Add in a few dodgy connections and a fuel filter that was not so much filter as solid obstruction and you are left with a proper full on head scratching session to work out what on earth was wrong. Still it is sorted now and the car is ready to go.

It's going to be an odd weekend, we actually have everyone at home, that's quite rare these days. I may have to propose to the student that we do something special like ohh I don't know, stay in and Watch telly!!! 

Or how about chopping loads of wood, thats sounds good.

The student is away, off to see her mum. Normally of course I would go with her but today I declined. Yesterday she drove me to uni, of course she has been missing her Citroen C5 estate and she had a bit of playing catch up to do. In the first twisty special stage B road part of the trip I counted no less than 4 occasions when the car was totally airbourne and two occasions a vehicle coming the other way caused me to close my eyes and develop religion. I don't think she hit anything, I know they wern't there when I looked some seconds later.  

I arrived in the meeting in uni, just about able to squeak.

Soo today I thought she could go on her own, a man can only take so much excitement.

R

No comments: