Sunday 15 January 2012

Stress!!!

Stress is particularly bad for your health, she assures me of that. Of course she would know, that's the current essay.

Things are a bit lively here as, to add to our delights Serenity is getting nuptualed in July, a matter which seems to  require significant consolation about dress colours and something called a buttonhole. So long as no one button holes me to bring the step dad cheque book I will be happy.   Just turn up in one of my cars, the big green one will do I know the hotel she has chosen well. There's a bloody big lake and if someone expects me to sit through a wedding and behave myself, I might as well have some fun at the same time.

The weekend has been a busy one with lots of reworking of the water system outside and commissioning the central heating in next door. Of course these old houses take a deal of warming up and the jury is still out as to weather this boiler is man enough to heat it. It doesn't help at all that the chimney has not had proper heat in about 15 years so it's properly cold and wet. The final complication is ventilation. The one thing we did not think when we went for the refurb is doors and windows. Old fashioned doors and windows are a bit hit or miss in the sealing departing modern windows are nothing like. We seem to be dealing with not enough air getting into the building - could be issues to come there.   

This week is possibly going to be quite interesting. The student has two exams and I have two days work, the same two days.  So how that is going to work I am not sure.....

R

No comments: