Friday 23 September 2011

A dificult time

A good while back, as in over half my adult life ago, I found myself a parent: for reasons I would like to think are noble I put aside career type stuff and did a lot of being a dad type stuff.  You dads out there missed a huge ammount of pleasure by going out the door at 9 AM.

Losing a career though is something many women do as a matter of course I might add.

Tomorrow, Branwen leaves home, she is the first to go proper and I am feeling this huge loss.

It's a bereavement but it's also a pride, she's off and she is going to fall flat on her face, pick herself up and get on with it.

She is an awesome lovely human being and I am going to really miss her.

I think I need to reinvent me I was happy being stay at home dad I need to become someone else..

But on the plus side, the student and I get to do mad things like we used to do, just go and get on with it.

Buying the T4 is one of the best things we ever did.

Following our lovely time at La Trinite we had been planning a run down to La Rochelle.

Today though Social Services who had been aware of our previous little trips got all cagey.

They were not at all sure it was OK for us to go.

We were a bit surprised at how they had changed.

Then about 5 minutes later they asked us about taking these 2 young people for respite the same week they said we could not leave the others alone. .

Hmmm - a sniff of the motive ulterior I wonder...

Especially as these are quite young people and children placed in "respite" are ones the foster carers really needed proper support to parent. Hence the sticking plaster "respite" which means that as soon as the child is off the premises the foster carer says "no more".

So we could end up with another couple of long term kids.

Do we want to go through this mill again?

I am gun jumping though. 

R


 


 

No comments: