Friday 15 July 2011

Phew

We are both completely zonked out, i could sleep for a week.

Management had to go off yesterday for five hours leaving me on my own with the man himself.

Tallie was asleep and both girls helped by locking themselves in their room with a pile of CD's.

It was pretty fraught stuff but he remained calm then started disclosing, but that was a game too. I got a name and checked it, finding it was his sister the one who gave him some ganja the night before he came into care as she was clean out of booze to give him.

He has been brilliant so far today, him and me have fetched 20 tons of wood from the wood yard. I'll give him this he's not shy when it comes to work.

He is calm pleasant and sociable, swearing is vastly reduced.

The looked after children's nurse has been trying to see what she can find out but the social worker has been stonewalling her and refusing to share even the name of his psychiatrist. The SW has been dismissive despite being here when he was being a bit manic seeing a smashed up car and caravan. You cannot ignore broken ad twisted metal - or maybe you can.

The LAC nurse is incredibly good, knows us well, her stock phrase is:

"If anyone can come up with a way of dealing with that R&T can"

She has used the phrase i have just heard just once before:

"If R&T say they are dealing with someone who has %%%%%% that's good enough for me"

Last time the phrase was used it was about a young man who had really severe mental health issues about which the SW was in total denial.

Turned out we were right and he was wrong.

That isn't the issue though, I think in this case he was dumped in desperation and the team think that if they ignore what is going on somehow it will go away. I am bewildered at that as the social work manager involved knows us of yore and he should know that we will not play that game.

His mood swings are huge and unpredictable, the violence very intense and totally not directed at anything.

People trained in behaviour management are talking about "triggers" but what do you do when there aren't any and the rage still runs?

When I first spoke to his SW I thought she was pretty good but now I am starting to have doubts.

For a start he came without documentation consenting to medical treatment signed. How basic is that?

 I am not very coherent, think I need sleep and loads of it.

R









No comments: