Tuesday 17 November 2009

Letter from the prime minister.

Lord bless us all!!

As some of you know I had a bit of a explode in the general direction of the sun the other day and backed it up with a letter to Gordon Brown.

I got a reply today:

I wanted to thank you for your recent e-mail about the private letters I send to bereaved forces families. I was very touched that you got in contact. I appreciate how many things everyone has to fit into a day, so the kindness you’ve shown in finding time to be in touch is very much appreciated.

Anybody who has ever lost someone knows that each individual is irreplaceable. Every single death robs the world of a unique set of talents and leaves a grieving family with a space at the table that nobody else will ever be able to fill. My thoughts and prayers today, as every day, are with those wrestling with the deep sorrow of loss, and with those who are serving Britain far from home.

All of us who love this country, however much we disagree on other questions, can stand united in honouring the courage and the sacrifice of the men and women of the British military. In writing to the families of the fallen, I wanted to convey my sympathy to them and share the enormous pride the country feels in those who risk their lives on foreign streets so that we might be safer on Britain’s streets. Their service has not been in vain, and we shall remember them.

Best wishes

Gordon Brown

Not for a minute do I think it was from the man himself but it's nice that someone replied.

R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless him. It's easy to be cynical about politicians, and I disagree with him about laods of things, but he really does seem a genuinely decent bloke.