Monday 9 November 2009

I wood actually......

Another two tanks of wood cut, but not at all the same league.

Great big blocks of oak and beech, hugely heavy to lug on to the table, a real strain for both chainsaw and operator. Heavy blocks to lift into the wheelbarrow and stack.

Probably only about 8 barrows in total.

But incredibly good firewood for the times of the year you need the fire to burn hot and slow.

Arose this morning and it was 21 C in my living room, cannot remember it being this winter warm in the house, ever. Fire out but lit with very little complication. Need to find a source of newspaper and keep an eye on the kindling store though.

Only one fire going and that on slow.

Management in the bath, me sitting here in a t shirt, wondering if my shoulders will recover - ever.

Thats before I get an axe out, though I did have a little go just to see how hard the wood will be to split. Answer: 1950's Elwell firefighters axe one, hardwood nil.

I do like splitting with the axe, I think I might go off it before the winter is out though...

2 hours of freedom and then the kids come back, ohh god.

R

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Need to get a source of newspaper to light the fires...

What's up? Don't you get junk mail like normal people?