Wednesday 23 September 2009

Ikea clearly now the rain has gone....

The day today has been glorious, simply ideal to get stuck into wood cutting, or finishing up stocking on the winters needs or any number of out door type things.

Having decided to spend the rain day outside working, sensible then that we spent the first decent day of the week in the car and on the road.

An expedition to IKEA, perhaps I am getting cunning in my old age, but I came up with the the rather clever idea of taking the smaller car rather than the worryingly cavernous MPV.

Even better was the news that management has misplaced her IKEA card. That's: lost IKEA card, forgotten pin for Visa and snapped her bank card.

Could be a good day financially then....

We got through the day having resisted a lot of things and bought only stuff classed as needed. Well personally I think new hoses for the fire engine are more needed than things like beds but I understand she might not really get priorities right.

Still we managed the whole day and home in plenty of time to get oil for Tallies motor bike.

Tomorrow it's back on the wood so I bet it will rain. Friday I am in a work meeting all day so naturally there is bound to be a heat wave.

Interesting observation that UK Social Work Degrees do not necessarily include modules on child protection. Yeah, suprised me too, still that is all to change and, I might even get a say in what is taught on ours.

R

No comments: