Tuesday 22 September 2009

Goodness gracious me....

It's unusual to report a day of solid progress.

Of course It had to start badly.

Today I had to unload 2 tons of wood that has been sat on the truck for a bit, first step; get the lorry where it needs to be unloaded. Damn those posts! should have ripped tham all out years ago, that was another bedford bumper bent then.

Anyway got the truck where it needed to be and a bit of progress to report. Well no, the digger started and then did not really want to run. Felt like a fuel problem, plenty in it though said the gauge, check the filter, check the pump, all looking ok hmmmm.

Lift the lid off the fuel tank and errrr well enough about what I saw in there or rather I didn't.

Next on get the truck unloaded, not a long job and soon I was on my way back to the woodyard.

6 tons in total moved or put another way 1/3 of what we need for a winter.

Bumper straightened too, by the time honoured drive it into a post method. Luckily that one slipped under Taliesin's radar, I would not hear the end of it.

The man himself is happy enough, the engine for his pit bike is in, the oil is going in so he should be happy tonight.

The postie though was less than impressed, the posties round here drive their vans as if they belonged to someone else, which of course they do. So anyway, there I was driving in my usual buisnesslike manner down to the woodyard when the postie was coming the other way driving like management on a bad day and in a hurry.

Brakes all round then, of course the old Bedford has none of these new fangled ABS, or load sensing brake system thingies. What's more it's on off road tyres which are great for mud, not at all as good on wet tarmac. Of course I am quite used to the old truck going sideways under hard breaking, I got the impression the new postie had not seen this sort of thing before.

Impressed is one way of describing it. She sat there a little while after I had driven past, not sure why.

But of course damp tarmac tells you about the weather, today, working outside and it was raining. It rained all the time I was working and, as soon as I finished the lovley warm sun broke through the clouds.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laughed so much I nearly cried.

So that's where all the September posts have gone... in the .. er.. 'September' folder.