Saturday 2 February 2008

Like a death wish.....

So of course me and the management have been and virtually talked ourselves out of moving.

We had made the decision executive that it was time to ride things out.

We analysed the local situation and came to the conclusion that the local housing market is likely to take off over the next few years despite any local downturn.

RIGHT

So these guys have come and view and, well, cutting a long story into the short we have a buyer who seems hot to trot.

Monday morning, indecently early they are coming to have another look at the house and, early indications are that our asking price, which is not terribly negociable will be OK by them.


And of course with the market being very "flat" there is another viewing right behind them.

Now I have to tread the path delicate to negociate with the person we had originally planned to buy a house off, and quickly.

But anyway, today has been a balancing day, I spent a morning trying to persuade a land rover it wanted to make brum brum noises. Not to sucesfully I might add

Scrapped a car miday, and sold a guy a truck in the meanwhile, which has to be a first too.

Nathan my scrap merchant is a hell of a bloke.

He comes down the drive and his opening gambit, every time is the same.

He is originally from Ireland I would guess.

His opening line to me was:

"I was just passin today sur and I wondered if you had any of dat old brass and copper lying round getting under your feet, sure it will gettin in your way sir and of course dat lead stuff, a right nuisance dat can be. So i though I would pop in and offer to take it away for you sir for nothing sir so I would."

Faced with that blatant blarney, who could resist.

He is coming back next week to buy a lorry off of me.

So anyway today I have been off axing the firewood.

I might also have been watching the rugby.

Did anyone see the result of Wales v England?

I missed it myself....

R









No comments: