Monday 29 July 2013

Another one bites the dust

One of the things you know as a foster carer even as each young person comes through the door, there will come a time when they go. Some become like a child of your own and have permanent visiting rights When the Students mum died one of our ex kids was there and i can think of another two who would have been there had they known.

Other young people go and that's it.

Sometimes that's something that makes you sad, other times it's relief.

So anyway not far off 10 years after he came little D has gone, not in a planed sort of way either but on a whim and a dream of a family that does not exist in the way he fantisizes it does and have no intention of being there for him

Over the last year he has not so much as burnt a boat but burnt a fleet and reversed himself into a corner from which there were no escapes

The Student is down, I am sad too, but I'd become bored with all the game playing and  "I'll stay so long as I can do anything I want anytime and you won't have any expectation that I do anything for myself or others"

Now we just wait and see how long it lasts before they won't take the nonsense from him at home.

Then he truly will be on his own.

It is both sad and scary but sometimes people have to hit the bottom before they can start to change

R

No comments: