Monday 31 December 2012

Great to be prooved right.....

It's always nice when you turn out to be right.

Sure enough the student came home from clothes shopping and abandoned everything in favour of puling lots of bits out of boxes. Much oooing and ahhing - seems to be rather a lot of firebrick in a Rayburn - thinks "this could be complex."

Door of oven open, lots of pushing and shoving to get in - new clothes? Pah she didn't even notice a bit of soot one her new pullover.

I think I am getting a picture of how it all goes together - could still be an interesting few weeks though.

I wonder If i can get her to see the logic of stripping out all the old firebricks etc moving the stove then rebuilding it all in situ. going to be some very precise trimming of the chimney to get that to mate with the flue, I can see hours of fun ahead, the things I do aye....



No comments: