Wednesday 27 June 2012

A diference of days.....

 Yesterday was a day of cerebralism. I was doing a small presentation at a seminar, something I agreed to do a while back. It was only when the days agenda arrived that I realised that I was going to share the stage as it were with some full on academic heavyweights in the social work world and a director of social services who has been involved in my career for about 20 years and who I think is beyond extremly bright.

A bit daunted then, no beyond daunted, one of those "how am i going to live in that company" moments.

It was a really intersting day, then of course I had to do my bit which was a bit awquard, I am never really strong on writing speaches. I tend to manage a few ideas, throw them around in my head and see what happens on the day, go with the flow as it were.
 
So there I was about to go on and everything i had wanted to say had already been said.

Anyway i winged it and no one actually threw chairs.   Which was a bit OK.

Today was another day.

Bright an early Gwion to school.

Then back and down to the woodyard and some wood.

Drop that off then into action helping lay a couple of metre concrete pad for Taliesins  Caravan.

Off to town for 15 bags of cement then home.

Get another 4 cords  of wood.

Loading wood involves borrowing the woodmans tippiing trailer putting one cord on the trailer on skids then pushing it further on to the trailer with the second.

All fine unless the skids slide forward and sit there like a pair of lances on the front of the trailer.  This of course will only really become apparant on the first corner when said "lance" spears the back lights of the car.....   

Lay even more concrete.

After all the builders went home, out came the chainsaw.

A whole cord got cut  then out came the axe.

I would love to be on my knees, I am way beyond that.

Tomorrow is another day, more of the pad to lay and more wood to cut

It might kill me

R    
     

No comments: