Sunday 14 March 2010

We love things mechanical don't we....

My don't we all love things mechanical.

The digger has been on strike for a while and so last weekend, having brain deaded myself trying to get it to work I got my mate the Grease to look, which meant that in ohhhh about 20 minutes he spotted the obvious and had the damn thing running.

Then of course much was my delight as I could now do things like dig soil for the garden without needing to break my back.

Some wee little time later the Taliesin came in to announce it had ceased to function again. Hours later (with lots of swearing thrown in)I got the blessed thing running having simply by passed much of the fuel system and installed all new pipe and filters.

So that was great - I was really pleased The digger was running, well for a few hours. Then it threw a track, now, these mini diggers have a simple system to tension the tracks that uses a simple piston pressurized with automotive grease. This was seized as solidly as a solid thing. When I had a 10 ton jack trying to get it to go back in I knew I was on a bit of a loser.

So, it being mothers day and all I had a "fork it" moment and took the management off to spend money at the garden centre. We had earlier celebrated the day with brisk bout of chainsawing and she came over all misty eyed when she found out I had added a 45 foot of special scaffold tarpaulin to the order for her scaffolding.

She basks in a sea of love that one...

R

No comments: