Friday 26 March 2010

time flying....

The management is a today person.

If she wanted something tomorrow then tomorrow is the day to order it.

So going for an interview then waiting for an answer for over 20 days is not a good thing to happen. Worse than that, going for an interview where I work and then not being told for 20 days is very much worse, I cannot ask, it would not be ethical and I just get the same sad eyes looking at me.

Still life goes on and hopefully she will know soon.

At least she has her scaffolding, why can things not be simple for ue - ever.

There I was at work 50 miles away and this guy phones me to deliver, not a problem with that. There were clear instructions, don't bring it without contacting me first as my drive is narrow and maybe a truck would struggle.

Ohh noooo too clear, the hapless trucker gets a pallet dropped off on to his truck and away he was sent. Now this hear pallet weighed an easy ton and a half so I wasn't going to be lifting that off by hand. No one thought to ask if I had any means of off loading the truck either.

So there I was 50 miles away from a truck carrying a load of stuff, a truck that could not get down my drive to a place where I had nothing to off load it with anyway.

By shear fluke I managed to arrange for the old boy who has a wood yard down the road who by coincidence only was in his yard, to use the forklift to unload it wherapon I could get The Bedford flatbed and collect the stuff a day later.

Well some of it, they had forgotten to load her acrow props so she has yet to get all her birthday present.

As I said she does not do waiting, at least she seems happy with her birthday gifts so far.

And in a mad romantic moment I took her to the plant place yesterday and bought her enough buckthorn to finish off the hedge.

I suprise myself sometimes I really do....

R

No comments: