Sunday 6 January 2008

Thats was the weeks that was....

Well the holidays draw in.

This has been a very difficult one for both of us, this flu thing really knocks the stuffing out of you.

But we have survived and the kids go back to school very soon.

There have been few dramas to write home about and really much of that is because we have done nothing for there to be dramas.

Even my beloved step daughter, who I would emphasise I love dearly, (loving her cheap never having been an option ) has declined to produce drama.

Well, nearly, I will admit that news years eve dawned bright and early, this being an evening when many people go off on pleasure bent, not that i am about to make any suggestions in that respect.

Management had cunningly contrived to be absent when, who should arrive but the Serene one.

Now to be fair, with the new boyfriend on the scene, once she had collected her grans Xmas money and gone, we had enjoyed relative peace recently.

However, you see young serenity had a problem.

The tax disk on the Citroen MPV expired on the very morrow and Serenity desperately needed to re tax the car. This is exactly the sort of reason she has the interest free loan account at the united bank of step dad. Serenity needed to make a withdrawal to cover taxing her car.

Now, woe was Serenity, like Northern Rock, the united bank of step dad was facing a bit of a cash flow crisis. The pay check was running out but the holiday was showing no sign of doing so.

Woe was her, how could she possibly be expected to drive to work in a vehicles with no tax, she absolutely had to have a CASH advance and that before the new years eve.

Fortunately of course we live in modern times. I offered to help Serenity out anyway, I could simply log on to the DVLA website and add her tax to my massively burdened VISA card. The tax disk itself would arrive a few days hence.

I am not sure why but this was not an acceptable method, she needed the cash so she could go and get the tax disk there and then.

Maybe, I offered, I should check and see how much the tax would be, all I needed was her registration number and I could check that on the DVLA computer that very moment.

The effect on serenity was quite extraordinary, one thing she was not at all keen to do was look on the DVLA computer. I cannot think why.

Still, it has been peaceful, we have not seen her since.

Normally, I lend her money then I don't see her for weeks, maybe things have changed, now, I don't lend her money and don't see her for.....

R

No comments: