Thursday 5 May 2011

Going against the grain.

Is it just me?



I know the guy ended up directing a full on terror plot against us in the West, didn't we just degrade ourselves by executing him in front of his 12 year old daughter?

I don't care what he did, she was innocent on all charges and this was done to her.

I think it was illegal and immoral and our only claim to the high ground is we do not countenance flying planes into buildings. But shooting her father in front of her puts us in the same class as him.

We also believe in things like jury trials not summary execution.

These are things that set us apart, but only if we use them. 

Then again he was the CIA's man.... 

Just like Saddam.

Since i wrote this piece something is physically preventing me from posting to blogger.

In the light of what I wrote above that is very sinsister.

Could the thought Police really be monitoring what is written here?

R




4 comments:

Tia said...

Not just you.

It's an interesting idea, that "Justice" involves summary execution without trial.

That National sovereignty can be overridden because one country's desire for vengeance is more important than another country's boundaries.

That a mourning family be denied a body to bury.

And that the whole thing happened just days before more electioneering.

Because of course summary execution, with no body to bury, and with no trial, that is of course the very best possible way to ensure that people turn away from terrorism and towards the lovingkindness of the West.

Matt said...

I agree that it is an execution. You cannot make me believe that his daughter was not aware of his terrorist actions against western nations. Though I don't know how old she is, she is I assume indoctrinated with Osama Bin Ladin's ideologies just as much as his wife was. Their faith is a tool that they use to breed hatred and drive war with other nations over many issues. That is just my opinion.

If that was "Hitler" in the room with his daughter in the next room would you say the team should hall him out and put him on trial?

Tina said...

Totally agree Tia and Rhys. Ant to answer your Question Matthew yes I would.

You mean there's more??? said...

Now there's a funny thing.

I tried to put in a new posting and blogger prevented me.

Are the thought police at work??

R