Monday 1 February 2010

GPS to adventure....

It has been a while since I used the damn electronic brain in the dashboard but lacking any real idea where Tallies new Discovery was parked I simply punched in the post code and away we went.

I have to be fair, at first the little brain came up with a really good idea that cut a big corner and saved us a deal of miles on the trip.

The weather of course was not quite optimal with rain easing it's way gently into sleet and on into full blown snow that was accumulating nicely on untreated surfaces,.

I was thinking it might be better to get this car collected on the sooner side than the later one and on we went.

Of course it was just lulling us.

"Turn left" it commanded and we did. Management stoped the car immediatly, "not driving that" she said.

Installed at the wheel I decided to proceed up the little side road with caution.

Caution rapidly became out and out alarm as the road snaked across the ground and the soft snow steadily deepened. We didn't actually get stuck, and, in it's defence it probably saved us a deal of distance but I really could have managed less the excitement.

Still, it wasn't too long and we were heading for home, along the main roads with the squawk box most definitely turned off.

That was when we got to the main road, the Disco was parked on a housing estate at the bottom of a hill. It was no problem getting out in the Disco but the 806 marked it up as a fail.

I am a nice person so I could not possibly mention how the management ended up stuck with her back wheels against a kerb pointing the wrong way across the road.

I could not possibly say that, it would not be nice.

And I could not even think to mention how it was her son who evicted her from the car and drove it up the hill through the snow.

I could not say anything about that at all.....


R

No comments: