Saturday 16 January 2010

Whither the weather....

After the deluges of December I never thought I would see the day where rain was as welcome as sunshine.

After all we had 50 days of rain but neverthless the rain was a lovely sound.

This morning less than jubilant, we noted that there still seems rather a lot of snow about.

But anyway we had a go at opening up the drive taking the chained up GG I set off.

Past the first corner and there was a snow drift to my left. Thing was it was still firm so instead of going through it the Green Goddess went along it. Plenty of grip with the chains but, hands up who enjoys having one side of the truck 3 or 4 foot higher than the other?

Not for the faint hearted especially when the truck in question is reputed to be a bit high in the centre of gravity department.

In many ways it was lucky the camera packed up, I bet I looked like I was "concentrating", hell my knuckles might even have been white....

But anyway between the two of us. Me in the GG and Tallie in the flatbed GP we almost made it out on to the road.

All a bit academic as the drift that was blocking the top of our drive went right across the road and a few yards down the road was another just like it.

But, we are closer than we were yesterday and that has to be good

I still think we will end up walking kids to the car for school on monday.

R

No comments: