Thursday 30 July 2009

we're all going on a summer - what?????

It has been a recurrent theme over the years, the notion that a foster carer has holidays.

It' a measure of their failure to understand let alone have a spec of empathy that some social worker is guaranteed to ask me how I am enjoying my holidays. This should not be taken to tar everyone with one brush, but it is a question that I know I will need to answer soon.

This morning, bright and early at 6.18 the radio crackled into life, I was in deep slumber listening to a voice informing me that BT needs radical restructuring. Surreal, managed to gulp a coffee and get tallie to work.

Back home and management had very sensibly stayed in bed.

Just delivered breakfast in bed and now grab a minute to write this.

The kids considerately, left me the washing up to do, the milk to put away and breakfast to clear, there are after all computers to be played on.

Soon I think I might escape and spend half an hour playing fire engines, washing up can wait.

Later of course Branwen goes to work, she will finish by 11pm.

Oh joy, Can't wait.

Holiday - BAH!!!!

R

No comments: