Tuesday 14 July 2020

Days of peace.....

So grandparentness has turned into one day at a time lockdown survival. The boys are a delight but goodness me do they have some energy and my are they naughty.

Today was a good start, a lie in, 7 AM call.....

Out of kip and a serious mission, the lads have had 12 weeks where many shops were covid closed shoe shops included. The dynamic duo are therefore in urgent need of properly fitted footwear.

Off up the road, to the shoe shop, fully loaded with trepidation at how to manage two incredibly lively toddlers at a time of social distancing.

They were of course totally angelic, well behaved, lulling us into complacency.

So we drove home with the crew, who fell asleep as you would.   

"You go and do the food shopping, I can cope with the kids"    Says the management, and off I went into town.

What could possibly go wrong?

I wasn't away that long, but long enough.

With me  out of the way, management took up ingredients and started some serious cake making.

James, left for nano seconds decided to investigate the cooking oil. Fortunately this was not our usual gallon cater pack special, it was a mere litre pack. Having tried drinking it, and finding it wanting, he poured the rest over himself and over the floor.

This produced an impressive pool, which the management  attacked with the steam cleaner.

Meanwhile, the  boys were amusing themselves elsewhere.

At this point I arrived, noted the hissing steam cleaner and lack of children.

They had retired upstairs.

So, not long afterwards, I was upstairs.

"Right, so which one of you has been drawing all over the walls that nanny painted last week".

Silence.

"I dunno" said Osian his voice and demenour a picture of innocence.

A pencil clattered to the floor just  behind him.

I was raised in South Wales, in a town where kids first phrases are things like "weren't me officer" and "I'm keeping schtum till my mouthpiece get's here".

Thats usually a 5 year old.

Osian is 2....


Goodness me - what have we let ourselves in for....

R  

 

 

1 comment:

gz said...

Days of fun..and being kept on your toes?
Sounds a bit like another Osian we know..he is a bit older now though!